Monday, December 18, 2006

My Christmas Wishlist

Download Episode 21

The kids can hardly wait get any sleep in anticipation of Christmas. I don't blame them. I couldn't sleep either when I was their age. I submitted my 'list' to my parents and hoped that they would get the biggest, most expensive gift on the list. I would often be surprised, and sometimes disappointed (on the naughty list those years). I am rarely disappointed nowadays with Ubuntu. It makes a perfect gift for anyone you might know, still though there are a few things I would like to ask for and in this episode I 'submit' my list to St Mark, patron Saint of Canonical (whoa, sounds way too Catholic...memories flooding back. No! not the ruler!!! Not again...). I realize that this list is most likely incomplete at best. So feel free to leave a comment by pressing on the word comments at the end of the post and adding to the list. Please, leave a name (real or otherwise) so I can showcase it on the next podcast. It beats being called 'anonymous'. I hope you enjoyed the podcast!


News

Item 1. === Introduction to Ubuntu Security ===

Item 2. === Ubuntu: The Linux poster child ===

Item 3. === Ubuntu in South Australian Parliament ===

Item 4. === MAKE Zine adds Ubuntu to its Christmas shopping list ===


CLCOTW

df - The df utility displays the disk space usage on all mounted filesystems. Below is a pic of the usage on my terminal.



du - You can use the du command to determine which files or directories need to be deleted -- or at least trimmed. A simple du will print usage for the present working directory and its subdirectories, along with the size of each directory. Here is the pic for the usage:




Here is the list for the bumper music I used.

Hathead - from the Podshow Podsafe Music Network

Atlantis

Download "Espionage" (mp3)
from "Atlantis"
by Technetium
WTFD Records




Midnight Bossa - Brian McRae - from the Podshow Podsafe Music Network

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home