Monday, August 28, 2006

Windows Equivalent Apps for Ubuntu

I covered some Windows equivalent software for ubuntu and came up with the usual suspects for those of you who are more experienced users. You know OpenOffice, gimp, gaim...but there are also some others that are "new" finds especially for us new2ubuntu types like rezound, ardour, and gnuCash. Here is a link to the list. If there are any users who can suggest others your comments are appreciated.

I also mentioned that I got my ship-it discs a few days ago and they look good. Each disc came in a sleeve with 5 people in a huddle....not bad. Did I mention I got some cool stickers with them? Lucky....

Ouch! I got hit by the x server bug. I tried to reconfigure the xorg.config but it didnt work, so I went ahead and reinstalled Ubuntu. I haven't been without any problems with ubuntu os but I will say this. the reinstall only took 30 minutes and was painless. Had I waited a day i could have salvaged the installation but it neither here nor there at this point.

Check out Ubuntu Counter here. You get a number that and a button that you can put on your website or emails, pretty nifty if you are into that kind of thing. Well, that's it see you again soon.

If you are looking for the mp3 feed It is right here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home