Monday, March 05, 2007

Ubuntu Tips Often Overlooked

I received an email recently that brought me back to reality and was the entire reason why I started the podcast. So, before I get entirely off track I thought I would devote the main segment of the podcast to going back to basics. I do this because the podcast can potentially get new listeners every six or so months, mostly due to the Ubuntu release cycles. And, I think that is good for the podcast, but, not so good for new listeners who just come on board. Now, I realize that it is just as easy to go back and get prior episodes but who has the time? So, with that in mind you can download episode 28 at this link.


Here are the links to the news items mentioned in the podcast.

Ubuntu Chooses Not to Enable 3D Desktop By Default

Feisty Fawn Herd 5 Released

Ubuntu Live In My Backyard!!

For the package of the week, I chose gPodder. Yet another podcatcher, but this is really simple and elegant. It is also in current development, and licensed under GPL. Like I said in the podcast, "Liferea makes for a great feed reader and also handles podcasts nicely. But, gPodder is a great alternative for downloading all those podcasts that you listen to. the link is here.

Oh, and before I forget, here is a good tutorial for installing packages from source and a few nice ubuntu tips.

If you are looking for a good review of Feisty Fawn Herd 3 you can find it on Peter Nikolaidis' blog.

Well, that about does it for links. I hope I didn't miss any. Just let me know otherwise and I will provide them for you. Just one more link to add and that is form ZIM whose song I played at the end of the podcast call 'Misnomer'. A deeply melodic and engaging tune that I hope you'll all like. Here is the link to his page.

http://www.soundclick.com/zim

Music for the podcast was provided by the IODA PROMONET.

Not Today

Download "Not Today" (mp3)
from "Not Today"
by Josh Ryan
The Velvet Farm



Original Ragga Muffin Part One

Download "Collie Weed" (mp3)
from "Original Ragga Muffin Part One"
by Barrington Levy
Azra Music Publishing



Lover

Download "Lover (Flux Remix Instr)" (mp3)
from "Lover"
by Sr. Mandrill
Three Sixty Records

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home